The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Can I change my name for a couple of days?

This was written last Wednesday, but with the party going on (man, is that crazy!), I haven't had a chance to post it until now.

I had told you that Pookie Bear is good at running cons, and one of hers favorite cons is to say that her head or tummy hurts or that her head is too hot. She says those things in hopes of being given some “purple medicine.” (Children’s Tylenol)

Monday afternoon, she was complaining about both her head and tummy hurting. I chalked her complaints up to her desire for medicine and instructed her to lie down on the couch for awhile. She ended up falling asleep.

Since I had to pick up Mr. Incredible from work, I got the other girls ready and put them in their car sears before waking up Pookie and carrying her to her car seat. We had gone less than 5 miles when I heard a sound. I asked Pookie if she was okay. She replied by crying and frantically saying that she had thrown up. Then the stench hit my nostrils. Mama mia! What a stench! Mr. Incredible called just then so I let him know we wouldn’t be able to pick him up after all and then turned around at the first place I could find. Apparently, Pookie wasn’t running a con that time!

As if that weren’t bad enough, yesterday (Tuesday) we had to make a 2 hour trip for our 6-month dental visit and to get our taxes prepared. (Yes, there are much closer alternatives, but we are willing to travel for free services!) Although I had cleaned the van, it still reeked, making the trip rather unpleasant. We had a nice day; we even got to see my new nephew. (He is so cute!) We headed home and were only about 5 minutes from our house when Miss Muffet, who was fast asleep, made a noise. I didn’t get there fast enough. She threw up all over herself, her car seat, the van seat, and the floor. I found it ironic that Mr. Incredible had just washed and vacuumed the van on Saturday. How do children instinctively know the worst time to make a mess?

As bad as the vomit was, I think the worst incident of all happened today (Wednesday). Pookie Bear and Baby Bear were playing in the toy room, and somehow Baby Bear got her clothes off and then took off her diaper as well. Of course I knew nothing about it. The next thing I knew, Pookie was urgently calling for me to come quickly because Baby Bear had made a mess. When I got to the toy room, I was assaulted by the smell of poop! Baby Bear had pooped on the floor and on some Mega Blocks with which she had been playing!

Guess who cleaned up all the messes? I tell you; sometimes it’s just no fun being called Mommy!

7 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

oh wow! poor you Mommy - I know the feeling :-)

it must be going around: Beth at "I Should Be Folding Laundry" has a very similar story that happened last week...

hope everyone is feeling better.

Revka said...

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm VERY happy to report that everyone is better and this week is going well. YEA!!!

Crystal said...

Just stopping by the party...
Thanks for stopping at my blog.
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the kids are getting sick. I know what that's like and it's definitely no fun. Sometimes you just want to change your name and run away for a few days. I hope everyone gets better soon.

The new layout looks great!

Thrifty Mommy

Revka said...

Crystal, thank you very much for returning the visit. It's nice to see you here.

KAren, this week has been much better - no yucky messes to clean up! Tahnks for the sympathy. :)

Romie said...

That is funny :)

My little one has managed to take off her diaper before (when she doesn't have any pants or shorts on) but I have been there every time. Phew!

Can't wait until she manages to do it behind my back...

Revka said...

Lucky you, Romie! Maybe you'll escape this experience altogether!