The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Saving on gifts


I am finally getting the hang of saving money on presents. I have discovered that, as with so much of life, the secret lies in not waiting until the last minute. Every time I wait, I end up spending more money than I want to spend. This year, I have started creating a stash of presents from which to pull. Everything has been bought at ridiculously low clearance prices.

Right now, I have a couple of makeup mirrors; a matching baby cap, socks, mittens, and hooded towel; two alphabet puzzles; 3 packs of girls' hair clips; a carton of play food items; a silicon kitchen utensil set; a book; and a documentary (that's a running gag from the Dirty Santa game Mr. Incredible's family plays). At the thrift store the other day, I found a brand new with tags 2-piece baby girl outfit by BT Kids for $.25. If I keep this up, I'll be able to significantly lower our gift budget next year.

How do you handle gift-giving?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Leonardo Dicaprio documentary by any chance?

Revka said...

Hey, is this W? I know Alan and Amy would figure this out, but they always leave their name. Yes, this is that infamous Leo Dicaprio documentary. Now you know whose presents to avoid next Christmas! :)