The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I've joined the ranks

... of paid bloggers! Remember when I was first starting out and wrote about how clueless I felt? I even mentioned that I had just heard that some lucky people get paid to blog. To me, that was a dream-come-true idea. Wow! You mean it's possible to get paid for doing something that I absolutely love and am already doing? I guess I've come quite a way since those early days - I am now part of the paid blogging community. No, not everything I write is some kind of paid advertisement. In fact, unless I told you, I don't think you would realize which posts were actually assignments. (I could be wrong; you're welcome to test my theory if you would like. Can you guess which posts I wrote for pay?) That is what I like about the company for which I write - the only requirements are that the post be a minimum of 50 words and that the keyword(s) they send me be used as a hyperlink to the target URL. Other than that, I am free to write anything I wish, and I am not limited to posting for pay. This is still MY blog, and I can still write anything I want. If you have a blog and are interested in using it to make some easy money, you can get more information and/or sign up here. (This company is still in the beginning phase and is currently recruiting bloggers.) A friend also e-mailed me about another new paid blogging opportunity. ReviewMe pays bloggers to write reviews. Here is their WHY? page which details how and why their site works. I signed up for this, but my blog doesn't have enough traffic to qualify yet. I'll probably try back later. My promise to you is this: I WILL NOT turn this into an advertisement-only blog. I WILL strive to make my paid posts consistent with my normal personal content. I don't ever want you to feel that you are visiting a huge bill board - UGH! Let me know if you have any thoughts on this matter.

6 comments:

Mrs.Garcia said...

Revka, thank you for the helpful information on becoming a paid blogger.
Mrs.Garcia

Revka said...

Mrs. Garcia, you are quite welcome. I recently found a new blog network that is seeking bloggers because they want to launch 50-100 blogs in the next couple of months. The URL is http://webbleyou.net, and they have several pages of information including a FAQ page and an application page. It seems to be a good job.

Karen, thank you very much. I'm happy to hear that these assignments aren't sticking out like a sore thumb. It's fun for me because it's like being given a topic about which to write. The challenge IS to write in my normal manner.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your visit on my blog. I liked reading your article. I've also got a try with ReviewME and as you said I think it's the most popular blogs that have got a share of the cake....

I'll try the new service you've given. Hope it works for me.

Thanks indeed.

Revka said...

Hey, Hans,
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment as well. I really appreciate it, and I hope you know that you are welcome back any time.

I also hope payu2blog.com works for you. Of all the different paid blogging jobs I have seen, this is definitely my favorite. I like that I don't have to post a bunch of reviews. And you're welcome. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for replying. You know I did a tour on the service page and I wasn't convinced. Actually they aren't telling me exactly what their services are about, how they work and most importantly what should I do to get paid?

I think it should atleast try to convince me in getting onboard with them. Do you actually have any post on your blog reviewing this PayU2Blog service and how it works. I would love to read something on that.

Thanks

Revka said...

Hey, Hans,
No, I don't have a post with details about this company, but that's a really good idea, and I probably will put one up soon. You are absolutely right in what you said about their site. They should have more detailed information available, and I think I will suggest that to them. I'm going to e-mail you the details right now since I don't have a post yet.