The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A milestone

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Wal-Mart with all 3 girls. A nice gentleman and I exchanged “Merry Christmas” greetings. Afterward, Pookie Bear asked me what he said, and I repeated the greeting to her and explained that Christmas is when we celebrate Jesus’ birthday. The little speech I gave her apparently left a deep impression because since that day, her bedtime routine has evolved to saying her prayers, hugging and kissing me, and saying, “Merry Christmas!” The first time she did that, I explained that it wasn’t yet Christmas Day. Pookie very gently declared that she knew that and she just wanted to say “Merry Christmas!”

I have reached a milestone – I published my first post here on October 14, 2006, and one day shy of 2 months later, I am writing my 100th post to be published on The Porch Light. Boy, it sure hasn’t taken me long to get here! I obsessively post, not knowing whether anyone actually cares. (LOL) Although I often post in the hopes of being a blessing and encouragement to others, I mainly do this because I enjoy it – just like Pookie says Merry Christmas simply because she enjoys it. Therefore, I would like to celebrate this milestone by passing along the words of my sweet Pookie Bear: “Merry Christmas!”

0 comments: