The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm in deep trouble! 12/21 "Not anymore" (*cheering*)


Oh, guys! I am SO in trouble! Yesterday afternoon I went shopping with the girls to get the rest of my Christmas gifts except for the ones for Pookie Bear and Miss Muffet. While we were in Target, Pookie Bear saw a Cinderella 8-piece beauty set that she absolutely loved. She cried when I told her that I was not going to buy it then because I couldn't buy it when she was with me. I did tell her that I was going to go shopping by myself after Daddy got home from work. So later that night she eagerly shoved me out the door, exclaiming about my going to go get her "Cinderella lipstick." I went back to Target only to find that the set was GONE, and I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart, either. This morning she went to the presents under the tree and picked one up, asking, "Is this my lipstick?" I am going to keep checking back in hopes that Target restocks that particular set, but I am afraid that I am going to have a very disappointed girl on my hands when we open presents and her Cinderella lipstick isn't there. I feel horrible!

UPDATE 12/20: Well, I didn't find the Cinderella set, but she did find a Little Mermaid set that she says she likes better. I don't like The Little Mermaid very well because she isn't wearing many clothes, but most of the items show only her face. I can live with that, I guess.

UPDATE 12/21: She started talking about wanting the Cinderella set again so we stopped at Toys R Us to see if they had anything similar. They had something WAY better - it was a beauty set in a carrying case shaped like a castle with a handle trimmed in that feathery boa type trim. (I stagger myself with my descriptive abilities!) Inside was kiddie makeup all in pink and purple, pink and purple applicators, 2 rings, and a sheet of body stickers (earrings to her!). I told her if we got that set, I was going to return the Little Mermaid set to Target, and she was fine with that. Yea! Now both of us are happy!

Cinderella picture courtesy of Petite Souris Character Shop.

1 comments:

Revka said...

I really don't worry about the baby putting things in her mouth. By now, she pretty well knows not to, but if I do see her with something, I just tell her, "Spit it out." I have told each of them that since they were little and I was digging things out of their mouths so they know what to do on their own now. Also, Pookie is really protective of her special things (like the makeup kit) and makes sure no one else can play with them.