The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Urgent request

Please pray for my brother and sister-in-law. As I wrote in my congratulations post, they are expecting a baby boy on February 26. Yesterday, my SIL was put in the local hospital and then transferred to a better hospital because she is having pre-term labor. She is only 30 weeks along, and the baby really needs some more time before being born. She has been given an injection to try to stop the labor. She is supposed to have another injection today, and how her body responds will determine the course of action. Meanwhile, we are keeping their daughter until they find out what is going to happen.

Update 12/20 12:07 p.m. - I talked to Amanda. The doctor said she is not having any more contractions, but they want to keep her at least a few more days for observation. Depending on how things go during that time, she will either get to go home on bedrest or will have to stay in the hospital, possibly until her delivery. I am glad that the labor has stopped for now but know that she desires to get home to her family. Thank you for your continued prayers for this family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope all goes well. Many will be thinking of her for you.

Revka said...

Thank you for your kindness. I'll post an update when I get one.

Anonymous said...

Good. Let us know how she is doing.

Revka said...

Thank you, Karen. I greatly appreciate that. Nothing has changed yet, but according to the ultrasound, the baby is trying to "breathe" and weighs somewhere between 3 lb 12 oz and 3 lb 14 oz. I know she misses here 3yo daughter and is going stir crazy.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I had the same difficulty with all three of my pregnancies. I often ended up in the L&D for my shots of terb to stop my uterus from contracting. I eventually had to take the same medicine orally, every 2-4 hours. I hope your sister in-law is able to make it at least 6 more weeks. I was on Bedrest with number three for three months and it is no fun. Good books, good movies and good company will help the days go faster.

Revka said...

I try to call her every day so she has a chance to talk to someone other than her immediate family. I know how bored I get when I can't do anything, and I know she is going crazy.

www.JusticeJonesie.com/blog said...

I hop your SIL is doing well. Every single day helps so hopefully she has hung on a few weeks longer.

Revka said...

Praise the Lord, she is still carrying the baby and is now at 34 weeks. I'll update the header.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

sending prayers...