The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Delirious Ditz strikes again


DeeDee (a play on D.D. - abbreviation for "Delirious Ditz" - my new nickname for the less-than-brilliant side of me) has struck yet once again. After last time, I tried really hard to pay attention to details. At least this time I only embarrassed myself in front of my own family. Well, now that I'm telling on myself, I guess I've embarrassed myself in front of the whole blogging world.

Mr. Incredible suggested that we make homemade ice cream after supper tonight. (Here is a link to our favorite recipe.) The girls were all excited and wanted to help me mix all the ingredients together. We poured the mixture into the ice cream canister, put on the top, and started the motor. Two hours later, the motor was still going and showed no signs of quitting. What on earth? The ice cream should take a maximum of 45 minutes to make! We peeked inside; absolutely nothing had happened. We checked to make sure everything was connected properly. Everything seemed okay so we plugged it back in. Thirty minutes passed; still no signs of ice cream. Completely, baffled, we re-checked everything and STILL could not figure out what was wrong.

Then Mr. Incredible asked me, "You did put in all the ingredients, didn't you?"

"Of course I did!" I indignantly sputtered, coming to an abrupt halt as I realized that, in fact, I had NOT put in all the ingredients. I burst out laughing.

Mr. Incredible got that particular look on his face - the one that wonders what silly thing I've done this time. (I see it rather often, particularly lately.)

"What did you do?" he asked.

I reached into the refrigerator.

"You forgot the milk?!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

Doubled over with laughter and embarrassment, I admitted that I had neglected to add the milk to the mixture.

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

DeeDee! I love that. I just may have to borrow your name.

Too funny aobut the ice cream - I've definitely been there and done that! lol.

Revka said...

You're welcome to the name, Fergie. I think there's a DeeDee in all of us. *grin*

You know, this turned out to be the best homemade icecream we have made to date. My husband raved over how easily it scooped. Who's got the last laugh now? HAHAHAHA!