The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

My latest blog tricks

As you can tell, I'm always tweaking my template as I learn more about HTML. I found instructions for creating a 3 column template and couldn't resist trying this in an effort to shorten my sidebar. (Let me know what you think of my having 2 sidebars.)

I also plan to put my labels into a dropdown box. That should certainly shorten the sidebar length considerably!

I just learned how to install headers in Blogger - that has come in handy and was actually the impetus for my learning how to design headers.

I'm definitely having fun, and I hope my latest tricks are a help to you.

9 comments:

Linda said...

It looks great like this!
I was just looking into the expandable link list yesterday but i didn't find anything that I thought was worth the time. But I'll hae a look on that link you gave, maybe I just didn't see it yesterday because I was in there looking.


Now I have to get blogging! :)

Revka said...

Thank you for your input, Linda. I'm thinking I'm going to like it, too. We'll see what other cool widgets I can find to add. :)

I hope the dropdown box works for you.

Linda said...

I added expandable lists instead as that's what I was looking for from the beginning. it's quite easy actually. www.flooble.com

Have a nice day!

Revka said...

Thank you, Linda, for sharing that. I'll have to check it out; I might prefer that as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey looking good!

Revka said...

Thank you, Frank. :)

Anonymous said...

Been thinking of expanding to 3 columns, but not sure of the advantages.
Why go to 3 columns?

Revka said...

I had too much sidebar content for just 1 sidebar. There were times when my sidebar content was longer than my posts on the front page! Having 2 sidebars has allowed me to balance the content, essentially making my home page shorter. Other than that, I really don't know a good reason unless you just like the look of the layout. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Got it. Very helpful, R (smile).