The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Our weekend

We had a profitable day Saturday. My. Incredible actually did the bulk of the work, bless his sweet heart. I washed and washed dishes, finally getting them all done, while Mr. Incredible picked up and vacuumed our living room and my piano room. He also deep-cleaned and rearranged my counters, creating more counter room on which I can work. I love the new arrangement!

I was just thinking how blessed I am to be married to such an incredibly kind man. I know there are men whose wives would thank God if he were to die because the death insurance payout would be the one good thing she had ever received from him. My heart goes out to women in unhappy and abusive marriages, and I have the utmost respect for those who have chosen to remain faithful to their wedding vows in less-than-ideal circumstances. Thinking of what might have been always makes me more thankful for what is.

We had planned to go to the Anniversary Sunday service at our old church, but Pookie Bear and Miss Muffet both came down with the high fever that Baby Bear had on Thursday. They are doing much better now, but we missed out on the special service. As I was leaving for church on Sunday night, I found out that our old pastor, Layne Daniel, had had seizures on Saturday and was taken to the local hospital. They found bleeding in his brain and had him transferred to the hospital at UNC Chapel Hill. They suspect that, in addition to the bleeding, he has a tumor on the frontal lobe of his brain. Please pray for him and his family. They lost his father to cancer about a year ago.

Sunday night was a happy occasion at our church. Our pastor, Bill Wingard, was honored for his 50th anniversary of being a preacher. He has pastored our church for 45 of those 50 years - simply incredible! We are certainly thankful to be under his preaching and have been blessed by his ministry.

How was your weekend?

0 comments: