The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Start from scratch or buy into a franchise?

I like working at home. I enjoy both teaching piano and getting paid to blog. I look forward to having piano students come to my house; that small occurrence helps me keep the days of the week straight. Without my students, I tend to forget what day it is. I also love the extra income generated by my blogging assignments, and I enjoy the creativity that these assignments draw from me.

While I enjoy working for myself, I know that not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Some people need a boss to provide motivation and direction while others simply can't afford to take the risks involved with being an entrepreneur. However, if you are one who longs to work for yourself and you enjoy painting homes, you might be interested in becoming part of a painting franchise. When you buy into a franchise, you generally get a name that is already established, rules and regulations for running your business, start-up support, and more freedom than working for a regular employer.

If you were to start your own business, what do you think would be the ideal situation for you?

0 comments: