The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My hope for my children's future

I look at my girls and consider the world in which they are growing and learning. I shudder at the evil I see in the world around us, knowing that their world will be worse than ours. I want to protect them and teach them right from wrong, but, while we, their parents, are the greatest influence in their lives, they are, and will continue to be, assaulted with wretched examples of Christianity and humanity. Seemingly every day, the news headlines scream that another professing Christian has fallen and disgraced the name of Christ or that yet another celebrity is in rehab for their alcohol or prescription drug addiction. Murders, thefts, and worse are normal fare on the evening news. What hope is there for my children?

Praise the Lord, eternal hope rests in our righteous, holy God!

  • Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
  • Psalm 78:6-7 "That the generation to come might know them {the testimony and law of God}, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: [7] That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments."

While my girls' future is certain to be more vile than today, I place my hope for that future in the hands of our omniscient God.

0 comments: