The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, March 23, 2007

In need of prayer

You may have noticed a new button on my left sidebar. Layne Daniel is our former pastor. As I told you previously, he suffered a seizure last Saturday and ended up in Chapel Hill with a diagnosis of bleeding on the brain, and the doctors suspected that he had a tumor on the frontal lobe of his brain. In a heart-breaking turn of events, that suspicion was found to be fact. Surgery was performed on Monday, and the tumor was found to be malignant. The doctors estimated that it had only been there for about a month, but it was already the size of a golf ball. This particular kind of tumor grows back after surgery more often than not. Pastor Daniel received his first chemo treatment as soon after surgery as the doctors deemed safe. The doctors hope that he will be able to return home today or tomorrow.

This photo is of Pastor Daniel and his family. His kids are now 13 and 15 so this was definitely taken a few years ago! His dear wife has been by his side during this whole ordeal, and I know that has impacted his children as well.

Please pray for this family. The future does not look hopeful, but we know that God controls the future. If you would like to grab the button for your blog, please do so and link it to this post. Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you updated as I hear more news.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I'll add him to my prayer list.

Linda said...

That is so sad to hear! I will pray for them!

Hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this news.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Revka said...

Thank you, Shawna, Linda, and Frank. They are good friends of ours, and this is really hard. I cannot imagine what they are going through. Knowing that you are praying brings a measure of comfort.