The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Need…more………me...mo...ry!

Yesterday, Pookie Bear wanted to make cookies. We decided to make Nestle’s Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies (from scratch, of course) but planned to leave out the chocolate chips and nuts since we didn’t have either ingredient. DeeDee decided that we didn’t need to gather our ingredients first so we began measuring and combining ingredients. We had almost completed the recipe when it called for two eggs.

“Oh, no,” I muttered to myself, “I used all of the eggs for breakfast! Thanks a lot, DeeDee! Now Pookie Bear is expecting cookies, and we’ve already mixed together most of the ingredients. There’s no way I’m wasting them! What now?”

I thought for a moment. “I know! We’ll go ahead and make them anyway. If the worst happens, they’ll just crumble, and then we can eat the crumbs.”

We baked the cookies. They actually turned out fairly decent, though nothing like chocolate chip cookies. They were more like spritz or butter cookies, possibly even like shortbread cookies. (Mr. Incredible called them starch cookies and said they were too salty.)

I wish that I could somehow purchase additional memory for my brain; ideally, it would work something like a computer memory upgrade. Unfortunately, I don’t foresee that invention being created in the near future. Oh, well; I reckon I’ll just have to share my brain with DeeDee for awhile longer.


clip art of mother/daughter baking courtesy of fotosearch.com

0 comments: