The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, April 30, 2007

It's time to pass it on

I was flattered to be notified that I had received this award. Me? Nominated for something?! Thanks, Michelle! (Michelle is another new friend made through my header design business. I love meeting all these nice people. *smile*) Receiving this award dictates that I pass it along to 5 other bloggers who make me think.

  1. Whether or not we agree on an issue, Frank of The New Parent always makes me think. He is not afraid of bucking the current parenting experts and trends. In fact, that is the whole point of his blog: finding real parenting solutions that work in real life. His post Excuse Me (Managing Interruptions) is a great example of his work.
  2. Jen of My Derbe frequently and pointedly encourages me to think. If you haven't yet read her post, Life Should Not Be a Masquerade Ball, you need to read it! Thanks, Jen, for encouraging me to be real despite the pain and/or shame.
  3. Even though she has already received this award, I cannot leave Holly of Seeking Faithfulness off this list of blogs that make me think. As her blog title implies, this pastor's wife is seeking to live a faithful life and encourages others to do likewise. There are so many of her posts that resonate with me, but I would have to say that one of most helpful ones in recent days was her post about Spousal Abuse in a Christian Home. Holly shared her personal experience with abuse (not by her husband) and offered her insight regarding how to deal with abuse. Lest anyone think Mr. Incredible abuses me, let me assure you that he absolutely does not! Unfortunately, I have friends who are not as blessed as I, and Holly's post was a tremendous help to me as I attempt to be a good friend and give counsel when asked.
  4. LadyLydia and Mrs. Alexander of Homeliving Helper both encourage me as I attempt to become a better homemaker. Their posts are often convicting, pointing out areas in which I need to improve. When I began to wonder why I should keep working to pick up and clean up (it's only going to be a wreck again in five minutes!), I found my answer in Reasons We Need Orderly, Clean Homes.
  5. Dana of A Higher Calling also challenges me on a regular basis. Her post about Expectations was right on target for me. How often I set myself up for failure because I have unrealistic expectations for myself.
Thanks again, Michelle, for giving me this award. Thank you to all of my blogging friends and huants for encouraging me and helping me grow as a person and as a Christian.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey R--you are always the sweetest!
Thank you for the nod and the very kind words.

And a big congrats to you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey. Thanks. How sweet! I figured I wrote too often about bodily functions to be considered a Thinking Blog.

I'm clueless, so tell me what I'm supposed to do now. :)

Michelle said...

I love stopping by here! (even though I dont comment as often as I stop by!) You so deserve the award!

Revka said...

Hi, Frank, and thank you very much. :) I only spoke the truth about you. I am always curious to see what new topic you will tackle.

Jenn, you're quite welcome. Your bodily functions posts are great because I can totally relate! All you have to do is grab the photo and write a post about 5 blogs that make you think.

Hey, Michelle, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you think I deserve this. :>)

Anonymous said...

Revka, I'm so behind on EVERYTHING that I'm just now dragging my sorry self over to say thank you!

You are a very good friend to me - and I appreciate your kind words so much!

I love, love, love your blog(s)! :)

Do you know how much you have taught me with your preschooling info? It's like...after all of these children I have had a brain freeze or something. You help me get motivated again. :)