The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Technology dictates change

Have you been impacted by the recently-implemented electronic check processing technology? Because checks can now be presented for payment electronically, people are finding that their old ways of handling finances must be changed. No longer are you guaranteed a grace period in which to deposit or transfer money to cover the check you wrote. Instead, the prudent course is to have the funds in your account before writing a check. Actually, that has always been the wise course of action; the difference is that today's technology is forcing more people to choose the path of prudence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rarely write checks anymore. I use my check card for purchases and some of my bills I call in to an automated system and pay them that way.

Revka said...

Me, either, but the few checks I do write are usually big.