The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring projects

If the weather ever decides whether it wants to be hot or cold, we would be in great shape to start some springtime projects. Mr. Incredible mentioned the other day that we really need to do some outside house painting. I must say that the trim on our eaves looks rather odd. When we purchased the house, the sellers agreed to have rotten wood replaced. The eaves featured quite a few rotten boards, meaning that freshly painted boards soon abutted the old trim with its peeling paint. That's not exactly the classiest look for a house!

I would love to paint the interior as well, but I still have not decided which option to choose for that project. Since we have a fenced back yard, I could kick the kids outside to play while I paint inside. Somehow, they don't like being outside as much when Mommy is not with them!

I love flowers, particularly perennials, and would love to plan and "install" a few beds, but I'm reluctant to do that because I absolutely loathe weeding. We had some lovely flower beds at our old house, but I always dreaded the time when I could no longer ignore the weeds choking out the poor flowers. An unweeded flower bed really detracts from a home's beauty.

What are some of the projects that you plan to tackle soon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--Boy, I'm still waiting for spring to arrive! My daughter and wife get flowers and do planting as a project. The little one loves to plant!

She also loves to sweep away the fallen leaves, even tho the broom is too big for her.

Revka said...

I know what you mean about waiting for spring, Frank! I bet your wife and daughter have fun planting flowers.