The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Piggy Banks



I don't know about your children, but mine love their piggy banks. When the girls were younger, Grandma and Grandpa knew that they needed to bring change when they came for a visit because as soon as they got inside our door, my darling little "angels" would mob them, asking if they had brought any money. My daughters have since learned a few more manners, but they still love to be given money.

When we moved, I decided it was time to empty the piggy banks. I placed the contents into labeled plastic bags until I finally decided to sort the coins. After sorting $65 in change, I sure wished that we had a coin sorter; sorting that much change by hand is tedious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--piggy banks are such an interesting item! My little one likes hers also. What I've discussed with her is having 3 piggy banks—one for saving, one for sharing and one for spending.

I guess when the time comes to empty them, a coin sorter would sure come in handy (smile).

Revka said...

That's a great idea, Frank. Did you know that there are piggy banks that have three separate compartments? I can send you a link if you would like.

Anonymous said...

Hi R--I'd love that link. Please forward to me.

Thank you!

Romie said...

I gave MLO my big water jug of pennies that I have been collecting and she loves to look in on them and every now and then add one to the pile.