The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Favorite Meatballs

I'm hosting the Carnival of the Recipes this Sunday. It has crept up on me, that's for sure! This edition focuses on Italian food so if you have any Italian recipes, get them posted by noon Saturday and let me know about your post.

We love Italian food; oft-cooked meals in our home include Chicken Parmesan, Lasagna (both baked and crock style), Pizza (does that really count?), and Spaghetti with Meatballs. I am going to share my recipe for Italian meatballs and sauce. You can use this recipe for spaghetti or for Italian meatball subs. I love versatile recipes!

Italian Meatballs

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
*1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese topping
1/2 tsp. salt

*If you only have plain bread crumbs, use those and add 1 Tbsp. Italian seasonings.

In a large bowl, beat the egg slightly. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Form into meatballs and cook over medium-low to medium heat until done. (Open a meatball if you are not sure whether or not they are done.)

My recipe for all-purpose Italian sauce works great as spaghetti/meatball sauce, too. To make enough spaghetti sauce for a family of 5, quadruple all ingredients except the tomato paste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this reciepe. I love meatballs. Somehow I have just tasted meatballs. I actually lived 26 years without eating meatballs. Now we have spagetthi and meatballs once every two weeks lol.

Best regards
Esperance at http://mymanythoughts.com

Justice Fergie said...

Hi Revka!

This carnival sounds like fun -- and I have a ton of italian recipes. Is is too late for me to join?

Revka said...

Hi, Esperance! I'm glad to see you here again, and you are quite welcome for the recipe. I'm pretty picky about meatballs, but these are excellent.

Hey, Fergie,
No, It's not too late. Come join in!