The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Metabolism booster free trial

OK, guys, please bear with me here. This is not going to be a well-hidden assignment. It's late, I'm tired, but I have to get this done. My next post will be normal ol' me, I promise!

This assignment is also about a metabolism booster. I guess the industry is really competitive casuing different companies to pursue new avenues for advertising their LIFE-CHANGING AND REVOLUTIONARY PRODUCT! While supplies last, MetaboFire wants to give you enough pills for a 7-day trial of their free diet.

This product has the alarm bells ringing so loudly in my head they are virtually deafening me. What bothers me? I'm glad you asked.

  • "Maximum strength fat burner with ingredients so strong it's not sold in stores" Hmm, why do you suppose that is?
  • "Feel it working in seconds" It may work fast, but what side effects can that fast action create?
  • "Made with Synephrine: Fat burning effects similar to Ephedrine." My first reaction to the word Ephedrine is one of a vague recollection of having heard that it was dangerous. I could be wrong; as you can tell, I usually steer clear of these products. However, my feeling is that this is not a positive comparison even though the advertisement states that the effects are similar to those of Ephedrine.

And last but perhaps most importantly, here is a portion of the fine print posted on the website (enlarged for easier reading).

"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Results Vary [sic]. Healthy and permanent weight loss requires permanent lifestyle changes (eating less food and/or doing more exercise). Continued use of the product is required. It is generally recommended that healthy weight loss results in only losing 1 to 2 pounds per week, as health and safety risks may occur with larger increments of loss." [All emphasis mine]

It's your body, and only you can choose what goes into it. Just, please, be careful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you were up late. OK---so how do you get your fonts to be different point sizes in your post text?

Revka said...

I found out that you can type your post in Word and use whatever formatting you want. Then just Copy and Paste your Word post into the text box at the Create Post page on Blogger. Make sure you save your Word version until you are completely satisfied with your published post; if a font is not standard in Blogger, any time you have to edit the post, the non-standard font will be converted to Blogger's "huge" size of the Arial font. So if you choose to go this route, it pays to be extra careful to get everything right in Word. I didn't like how light the fine print quotation was so I changed its color and therefore had to re-paste my dialogue at the top of the post.

Anonymous said...

So, are you saying that if I do my post in Word, when I paste it into Blogger it will retain the font style?

Revka said...

How succinct! I'm so verbose. Yes, that's exactly right - as long as you don't have to edit the post in Blogger. You can even do your hyperlinks in Word.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. OK--one more question. How do you set the hyperlinks in Blogger?

Revka said...

If you are wondering how to create hyperlinks in your posts, Blogger actually makes it quite simple.

1. Type the text you would like to make into a link and add a space or type a little more past that - the reason for that advice: if you don't do that and create your link, Blogger will try to make the rest of your typing part of that link.

2. Go back and highlight the anchor text.

3. Once you have your text highlighted, click on the hyperlink button (in the compose layout).

4. You will be prompted to enter a URL. Type in your target URL and click OK (or whatever positive answer is available.)

That's all there is to it. Did that answer your question?

Word is set up pretty much the same way so if you type your post with links in Word and paste it, the links will still be there in Blogger.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I did try to post with text pasted in from Word, but Blogger simply converted it to its standard fonts. Oh, well.

Revka said...

What version of Word do you have?