The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Frugal tips and tricks (7)


I thought this was too good to be true when I first read about it in one of FLYlady's e-mails, but I use this tip all the time, and it works great.

Forget about buying those expensive and harsh soap scum removers to clean your tub. There is a much easier and less toxic way to get rid of soap scum and have a sparkling clean tub.

The same thing that put the soap scum there will take it off: plain old soap! That's right; all you have to do to have a clean tub is take a couple of minutes at the end of your shower to wipe down the tub with your soap or shampoo. You can use a washcloth, bath pouf, or whatever you can keep handy for this chore. (I don't recommend using the washcloth or bath pouf that you just used to clean yourself. *grin*) You will be amazed how easily the soap scum comes off. If it is caked on because you haven't found a cleaner that really works or because you simply hate this chore, it may take more than one cleaning session to remove the buildup, but it will come off. The best part about this tip: if you do this on a fairly regular basis, your tub or shower will always be clean without your ever having to break your back scrubbing it.

photo courtesy of fotosearch.com

2 comments:

Mrs.Garcia said...

Revka,Thank you for this very helpful Frugal Tip and Trick on Cleaning the Shower and Bathtub.
I can't believe how easy it is to clean the bathroom tub and shower this way.
I had tried this in the past and I found out about it that way.
Thank you again for this helpful tip.
Mrs.Garcia

Revka said...

You're welcome, Mrs. Garcia. When I first read about this, I thought that it could not possibly work. Now I never bother with the other "cleaners."