The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Getting back on track

About a week ago I took a little break from blogging to "tame the beast." I cannot believe how much I have since decluttered from my house and how much I still have left to go through. How do we accumulate so much STUFF so quickly? Today's goal is to sort through the toy room. I already know that at least half of what is in there will be boxed up to rotate back in later. The girls have so many toys they can't possibly play with them all. Yes, I do donate and Freecycle, too, but some of the toys I do not want to part with just yet.

Now that I am close to completing the decluttering process, I am trying to get back into the routine I had been on. You can view a copy of my schedule if you are interested; it's a MS Works spreadsheet.

Due to changes in our lives, I am having to modify my old routine, and one of those modifications is the designation of Thursday as Desk Day for me to balance our bank accounts and pay bills. When Mr. Incredible started working at his current job last year, I ended up taking over our finances. I don't mind; I'm actually quite good at handling money, but I haven't done such a good job lately. When the house spiraled out of control so did my handling of the money. I never paid anything late, but I did cut closer to due dates than I like. Now I'm reorganizing everything finance related, making sure I have all my supplies (such as a stapler, staples, mailing envelopes and return address labels), and preparing to be oh-so-efficient. Since it is a new year, I am also setting up our new files and printing out 12 more budget work sheets (one per month).

What about you? How do you keep your life together? What helps you use your time most efficiently?

0 comments: