The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

We're going on a date!

Oh, I am so excited! I have wanted to babble about this for a couple of days now, but life and other blogging responsibilities have not allowed me to do so until now.

Mr. Incredible grew up attending a church youth group that would take various trips (missions trips as well as just-plain-fun trips) each year. Two annual trips were the ski trip in February and the amusement park trip in the summer. After we got married, we pretty much continued the tradition. I learned how to ski, and we have had a blast every time we go - even including the trip when my oldest daughter was not quite 2 months old and my knee gave way while I was skiing and stretched the ligaments in my knee, making me unable to walk for a solid week. That was an adventure with a brand new baby, let me tell you! Getting back to the point here, we didn't get to go last year because we had just relocated and were struggling to make it financially because of having to make 2 house payments until our old house sold. I'm sure some of you know how that goes. So now it has been 2 years since we last skied. We promised each other that we would go this year, but once again, the finances are just not there. Bummer! BUT...

Remember I told you about the Celtic Woman show and that it is coming to Raleigh in March? Well, when we decided that we couldn't go skiing this year, Mr. Incredible said, "Go ahead and order tickets for Celtic Woman." I about flew through the roof! We've talked about going to plays and good concerts before, but now we are actually going to see the Celtic Woman: A New Journey show! We decided to get the best seats we could get in the medium price range. Since we were given an Olive Garden gift card for Christmas, we are going to use that to eat supper before the show and we are just going to enjoy actually getting to go on a date. What fun! It's still a couple of months away, but we'll be gearing up for the occasion by buying the Celtic Woman: A New Journey CD that will be released on Tuesday. With all this exposure to Irish culture, you shouldn't be surprised if I begin giving everyone Irish gifts. I like the Celtic cross and various other classic Irish items. But that's beside the point.

I'M GOING ON A DATE WITH MY HUSBAND! (in a sing-song voice)

clip art of couple about to kiss courtesy of fotosearch.com
Celtic Woman: A New Journey - Live at Slane Castle
DVD cover photo courtesy of Barnes and Noble.com

0 comments: