The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Unsubscribe me

It's bad enough when I get unsolicited junk mail, but when I sign up for something that turns out to be junk, I get really disgusted at myself.

When I purchased our Celtic Woman tickets through an online site, I was asked if I would like to receive notification of upcoming events. I mentally shrugged my shoulders as I thought, "Sure, why not?" and checked the appropriate box. Big mistake! Since that time I have been reminded to purchase Elmo, Dave Matthews Band, and Jimmy Buffett tickets, to name a few. Not one of the reminders has been for an event that would interest me. I think it's time to unsubscribe from this service!

Have you ever subscribed to something for which you later ended up regretting your subscription?

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! I get emails everyday for stuff I visited, made a comment on, and stuff I have no clue where they got my name. It is annoying!