The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No longer a consistent loser

Do you remember when I alerted you to the Recipe Challenge going on at Mom's Niche? I entered our favorite Chicken Parmesan. Would you believe that my recipe won the entree category?! I was so excited when Tracy e-mailed me to ask for my address so that she could send me my prize pack.

I received the package yesterday, and let me tell you, Tracy did a wonderful job putting this prize together! The pack consisted of a cute green fitted T-shirt sporting the Mom's Niche logo, a mustard yellow ball cap with her logo, a sterling silver "Dream" affirmation necklace on a 20" black nylon cord, three strawberry chocolate bath salt/oil cakes, a huge ball of mixed berry bath salt/oil, a bottle of cool mint foot lotion, and 4 fonsacks (fon is pronounced like phone) that I presume are for my cell phone. I loved every single item!

I was wearing my new apparel when Mr. Incredible came home, and he approved of the new look. His actual words were, "You look hot!" I liked that reaction. *grin* For what better stamp of approval could you ask?

7 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

lol! very cool! congrats on winning (i'll have to check out the recipe) and enjoy your prize pack - sounds amazing!

Mary Anne said...

WOW !! Congratulations! The recipe sounds great, but the prize is even better ! (especially since your hubby said the correct thing !)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great! I am so happy for you!

:) Hmm wonder if I'd recieved that kind of comment from my hubby :)

Revka said...

Thanks, Fergie, Mary Anne, and Linda. :>) It's nice to have friends who are happy for me when something good happens. Yeah, my husband's comment made my day. The shirt was tighter than what I would normally wear, and I guess he liked that. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey R--nice win! And for your hubby, too!

Revka said...

Thanks, Frank! :0)

Tracy Ebert said...

Hey!

I'm so glad you liked the prize pack - and I'm EXTRA glad that your husband approved too :)

Keep up the great blogging!!