The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Family fun

In all the hurry of life, it seems like making time to relax and have fun with my family often becomes the last item on my to-do list. While everything else may seem more pressing and important, in reality, spending time with my family is much more important than my endless to-do list. My husband and my girls need to know that they mean enough for me to give them my time.

Mr. Incredible and I have done a few fun activities with the girls: we've taken them to the circus, the park, the beach, the aquarium, the marina, the zoo, the Museum of Natural History, and several other places. We have not yet taken all of them to a baseball game.

At our former home, we were only a few miles from a minor league baseball team's stadium. In fact, we were close enough to stand on our stoop and see the stadium lights and any post-game fireworks. Mr. Incredible and I went to one game together and took baby Pookie Bear to another. Then we never again took advantage of our close proximity to the ballpark.

When we moved, I was pleased to discover that another minor league farm team has its home nearby; their ball park is about 35 minutes from us. I think we need to purchase some baseball tickets this summer and take all of the girls to see the game.

How do you spend your time together as a family?

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

1 comments:

Meredith said...

We try to do everything free there is to do in our medium/large city. I scour the Parents magazine and newspaper online, checking each week for free kids activities, local parks, art shows, lakes, etc. I never pass a bulletin board without taking a moment to check out the flyers.

It is amazing what you can find to do when you keep your eyes open!