The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

To all my friends and readers who are mothers, I wish you a very happy Mother's Day. To those mothers who have pioneered a trail for me to follow, thank you, and I salute you. To those whose path parallels mine, I wish you well and pray God's blessing on you. To those who will come after, I pray that you will find, as I have found, shining examples to inspire and encourage you through the rough times that will come.

As I traverse my own motherhood trail, I realize more fully what my mother went goes through with me and my siblings. A child is a special blessing which profoundly impacts and changes your life. Until you have your own child, you cannot fully comprehend the saying, "Having a child changes everything." Before I had Pookie Bear, I thought I understood what that meant. Then my girl was born, and my world was flipped upside down, never again to be fully righted. Now I wouldn't live anywhere other than in my crazy, tip-tilted world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother´s Day Revka!

It´s so true! Having a child changes everything! It´s a blessing! :)