The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'll stick with my reality

You already know that I want to travel Europe, including Italy. I've been doing some virtual traveling, enjoying the different countries via the Internet. It's not quite as good as going there in person, but it's better than nothing.

I am constantly amazed by how varied architecture can be. No one would mistake a Grecian temple for a Scottish castle, and Spanish buildings have their own unique design as well. I've looked at several villas in Italy that are simply gorgeous.

Frankly, I can see myself visiting for a while, but I just can't picture myself actually living in such a place. I guess that's why so many of them are rented out now. Other than nobility and Hollywood actors, who can afford to live in such grandeur? Fairy tales make good dreams, but I don't think they would make very good realities.

0 comments: