The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

What to give?

After a five year engagement, two very dear friends are finally getting married. Mr. Incredible is going to be in their wedding (hence the need for shoes). Mr. Incredible and the groom have been friends since childhood, and they remain close to this day.

Herein lies my dilemma: I want to give them a meaningful wedding present - something other than the usual cookware or towels. However, I am the world's worst gift giver. Mr. Incredible, though he may deny it, is actually better at giving recipient-appropriate gifts than am I. Our friends have registered at different stores, but, honestly, nothing seems quite right. What special gift would you recommend?

4 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

how about some monogrammed? that always makes for a nice gift...(even towels!)

DJ Master AG said...

Yeah, we had registered for some towels, but someone (I wish I could remember who) had some monogrammed with mine and Amy's name on it. It was a really cool present.

Anonymous said...

How about a family Bible. My dad just bought one for the neighbor's daughter that got married. It's a nice, expensive gift. :)

Revka said...

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I think those would definitely be meaningful gifts. I really appreciate it. :0)