The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

I've been gone

...on a Hawaiian vacation - not! I actually was cleaning my house in preparation for Miss Muffet's birthday party today. Her birthday always falls close to Labor Day weekend, making it difficult for those invitees who would like to go out of town for the holiday. This year I decided to have her party early. It went well, despite the fact that only two of the five families we invited were able to come. The girls all had fun playing with their cousins, and everybody played well together.

As much fun as these birthday parties are, when I am cleaning the house in preparation for the festivities, I sometimes wish that I actually were cleaning my house in preparation for travel to a luxurious Kauai vacation rental or some other equally exotic destination. God made so many beautiful places in this world, including the Hawaiian islands. If I ever get a chance to see the islands, I'm jumping at it.


photo courtesy of Hawaiian Beach Rentals.com

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Going to Maui was an awesome experieince. ANd now that I've been, I can't wait to go back!

Revka said...

Lucky you! I hope you do get the chance to go back. :)