The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Treasures from Around the 'Net

I have found some really good websites, blogs, posts, and articles recently, and I want to share them with you.

Websites and Blogs

  • The Simple Dollar - this entire blog is a wonderful resource for those seeking better ways to manage their money. I'll be adding this one to my Favorite Haunts and stopping by often!
  • Hinds Feet on High Places - a mother of 10 children shares her reflections and her life
  • Inspired Spaces - since I enjoy Antique Mommy's thought-provoking posts filled with wit and humor, I was excited when I stumbled across her new blog. I was even more excited, however, to realize that this is a completely different kind of blog, one devoted to interior design, and let me tell you, it is great! Apparently, Antique Mommy worked as an interior designer until she had her son. She loves designing and plans to return to it some day. "Until Sean is older, this space here will be my Inspired Spaces, where I will talk about interior design – how to get that high-end look on a low-end budget, your design dilemmas, getting a house ready for market, managing your relationship with your builder or contractor, inspired new products on the market for your house and all things related to home design. If you have a design question, send it to am@antiquemommy.com and I’ll answer it here!"
  • Jan Brett.com - apparently, Jan Brett is a children's author. (and illustrator?) I am not familiar with her books, but her website offers "4,138 pages of free activities, coloring pages, and projects." Wow! What a find! My friend Karen of Little Fun; Little Learning introduced me to janbrett.com by way of her post, "Jan Brett's Word Family Charts." I cannot believe these absolutely beautiful charts are free! I am printing all of them off for Pookie Bear and plan to explore the rest of the site.
  • Mamasource - this is a neat community devoted to moms. To join, you must live in the US, but if you are able to join, you will receive an area-specific daily digest containing questions from other moms in your area, updates on previously-answered situations, links to mom-owned businesses, and updates on new member perks being offered.
  • Sarah Jane Studios - oh, but Sarah Jane is talented! Her business description says, "Illustrating Childhood," and she accomplishes that goal perfectly. Her illustrations are tenderly drawn and colored and make me think of the original Winnie-the-Pooh illustrations or the Beatrix Potter illustrations. They are so deliciously childish in the best kind of way. I like Sarah Jane's blog, too, and enjoy reading about her everyday life in between getting sneak peeks at new projects.
  • Sheye Rosemeyer Photography - more than a gallery of absolutely beautiful photographs, Sheye's blog also chronicles her everyday life, including the tragic loss of her 3 year old daughter a year ago (Ava's memorial site is here) and her journey since then.
Posts and Articles

2 comments:

Shoshannah said...

THanks for all the great info. i've alreadyput some of it use.

Revka said...

Glad to be of service, Sho. :)