The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, February 22, 2008

I Have No Watch

Do you find your watch indispensable? I did - until it quit working about a year ago. Since I bought it for $5 at Wal-Mart, I figured it wasn't worthwhile to replace its battery, but I never bought another watch, either. Sometimes I miss my watch; sometimes I really need my watch. For the most part, though, I haven't really missed wearing a watch.

If I were to purchase another watch, I would drool over but would ultimately bypass those feminine womens gold watches, simply because my lifestyle is not really formal enough for such a watch. I am hard on watches and find that a leather (or leather-imitation) band suits my style and works best for me.

Mr. Incredible prefers Casio's digital watches with the calculator. At least they look nicer now than they did nearly 10 years ago when I married him. *laugh*

What style of watch do you prefer? Are you one who simply cannot live without a watch? Do you even own a watch?

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never owned/worn a watch. I'm late a lot, I admit, only by like 5mins or whatever, but late. I now use my cell phone a lot for the time. In college I would take a timer to see how long I was out running. I'd set it for an hour and just do the math when I got tired. W/a toddler in our house, we use the timer a lot now too!