The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Goodbye, Grandma

I just received word that my grandmother died this morning. She had been in the hospital last week but had gotten out and was back in the nursing home. Apparently, she slipped and fell in the bathroom and was dead when the staff reached her. We'll have to wait for the coroner's report to know why she died, but we can only assume her heart simply gave out. She lived to be 92 years old.

Pray for my mom and her siblings. Although I loved my grandmother, I am not devastated by her death because we didn't have an extremely close relationship, simply because of distance. She lived up in Minnesota, and I lived in Texas (the very southern tip) until I went to college. I'll always think fondly of her and cherish the memories I do have of her.

Goodbye, Grandma. I love you, and I hope that your profession of faith was real so that I can see you in Heaven one day.

7 comments:

LOLLY said...

So sorry for your loss, Grandmothers are so special...Looks like she had a long and happy life and that is all we can ask for.
Prayers to you and your family!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Im so sori about this
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
hugs Jen

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lolly. I appreciate your kind words and your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jen. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts for us.

Anonymous said...

It's never easy to lose someone you love-- regardless of age. At least you have some memories and those only get better with age!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, MIn, for your encouraging words. I will certainly cherish the memories I have of Grandma. :)

ThriftyMommy said...

Amen. I am thankful that as believers we have the promise of eternal life in Heaven with our Father and that some day we will see those great saints.

Check out one of my newest favorite songs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogQh89DDuyc