The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bunk Bed Update One Year Later

To be quite honest, I haven't visited many furniture stores. Most of my home's furnishings are hand-me-downs or yard sale finds (by someone else *smile*). I'm perfectly content with that. In fact, I find it hard to justify paying the price that new furniture often commands.

One exception was the girls' bunk bed, under bed drawers, and two chest of drawers we bought in December of 2006. We shopped around and got a good deal (as far as we could tell from our research), and one year later I am still happy with our purchase. It has provided much needed storage space, allowing us to put all three girls in one small-to-average sized room, which in turn allowed us to have a guest bedroom. (In a few months, that will become a guest room/baby boy's room. I wonder how guests will like that!)

What has been your best furniture purchase?

2 comments:

ThriftyMommy said...

Hmmm, have we ever bought furniture? lol I was just thinking tonight about how I desperately wanted some new couches, but I just can't see paying the prices. As far as I can recall, the only new piece of furniture we have bought are beds. All the other furniture has been bought used. I am fine with dressers and such being bought used. It really saves on the money. I still would like to have a nice new living room set though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we would like an actual new sectional sofa some day, but that will have to wait until the kids are older. It's just not worth it right now because it would only get messed up in short order. :(

I hope you get your wish someday. :)