The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Our Baby Is a ...

photo courtesy of Stock.xchang

What? Don't you want to venture a guess? The good news is the baby cooperated for that portion of the ultrasound.

Oh, and I should tell you that, unlike my reaction to my local OBGYN clinic, I absolutely love my new clinic! Everyone has been kind, interested, and helpful. The nurses and midwife have been shocked that I was 18 weeks along and had not been able to get any kind of pre-natal care. They did their best to move things along, and I have now had the bloodwork (ugh!), complete physical (double ugh!), and ultrasound done. I am scheduled to have another ultrasound done at my next visit because the technician could only see three out of the four heart chambers. She didn't sound concerned; she said the baby just wouldn't cooperate and turn the right way for her. I'll also get to meet the doctor at the next visit. In addition to the friendliness of the staff, I like the fact that there is only one doctor and one midwife there so I don't need to be worried about being shuffled from doctor to doctor during the course of my pregnancy.

Did I leave you hanging? I'm so sorry! *impish grin* Well, we are having a .... boy! Pookie Bear was absolutely right, and she and Mr. Incredible are quite excited. Of course the rest of us are, too, but they really wanted this baby to be a boy. Now to pick out a name ... suggestions, anyone?

10 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

wow thats so cool
CONGRATULATIONS

jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jen. :) We are rather excited, as you can imagine.

Anonymous said...

Hi R--a boy, that's nice--the family is growing! Are the other little ones ready for their brother (smile)?

Anonymous said...

The older two girls definitely understand and are excited about the new baby. Baby Bear understands a little, but I'm not sure how she will react at first. I'm sure she will be just fine after a little bit, though. :)

Peggie said...

Congratulations! We just had a little boy grandson born, 3lbs 9 ozs. It is exciting when you live in a world of girls!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Peggie. :) I know you are enjoying your grandson. I hope he is doing well? He's so tiny!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congratulations, Revka! You said so, all along!

LOLLY said...

Congratulations, I hope you are feeling ok and I can't wait to hear more about this new baby BOY!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Holly. :) After being given the baby boy clothes and winning the boy diaper bag, I just had a feeling. :) We're glad I was right. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lolly. :) I'm feeling pretty good, and I'll keep you updated on our little fellow. :)