The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Branson, Missouri Vacations

When I was able to go up and spend some time alone with Mr. Incredible (did I even tell you about that?) during his first week of school earlier this month, I think he realized how nice it is to be able to spend some time alone with me. I say that because he told me that we needed to get away together more often, even if only overnight. And he is absolutely right. We don't have date nights and rarely go anywhere alone. We do get to spend time together at night after the girls go to bed, and that is really nice. But now that he agrees that it would be nice to spend more "alone time" together (is that an oxymoron?), I keep thinking of places we could go and things we could do.

One such place is Branson, Missouri. I doubt we would actually take such a long trip without the girls, but I am sure they would enjoy going there with us. Branson offers many family-friendly attractions including a theme park (Silver Dollar City) and performing arts venues where you can enjoy live music, magic shows, acrobatics, comedy, drama, and more. According to my research, there are also several interesting museums in town, including The Titanic, Hollywood's Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe It or Not, and more.

One site I came across offers several different vacation packages, starting at $423 per couple. That package includes a 3 day, 2 night hotel stay, 2 adult tickets to the Grand Country Jubilee, a $30 Red Lobster/Olive Garden gift card, a coupon book with $1,500 worth in savings, and a $50 Tanger Outlet shopping certificate. Not only are there are 7 pre-made packages from which to choose, but you can also customize your own package to suit your needs. If you can't afford to pay for a vacation, you can enter to win a free getaway. (Drawings are help monthly.)

I'll definitely be keeping Branson in mind. Who knows what may happen in the future?

0 comments: