The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Our Anniversary

This is going to end up being a series of posts because there is just too much to tell in one post.

As you already know, our actual anniversary was Tuesday. We weren't planning to do anything special that night because we didn't have a babysitter, but Bill and Rosie, who consider our kids to be their adopted grandkids, kindly offered their services (without any prompting on our part). So Mr. Incredible and I got to have a lovely celebration on our actual anniversary.

For several years now, Mr. Incredible has wanted to go to Outback Steakhouse, so when he asked where I wanted to go, I chose that restaurant. We decided to try their blooming onion, which was pretty good. Our meals were alright, but we didn't think they were worth the price we were charged for them. We also did not like that their bar was in the center of the restaurant. We enjoyed trying the restaurant but both agreed we probably wouldn't go there again.

Afterward, Mr. Incredible took me shopping to pick out my present: a digital camera! I was thrilled when he told me that I was getting one; I have wanted one for quite some time now. He told me that we would get a cheaper one right now and that perhaps in three or four years we can get a higher quality one. I ended up choosing a Samsung S730 (photo courtesy of B&H Photo Video) with 7.2 megapixels and many fun features. I took many, many pictures on our trip, which is one reason I'm having to split this story into segments.

After purchasing the camera, we picked up the kids and went home where we exchanged cards. All in all, it was a perfect day - one that I will surely remember with fondness.

Here's one of my favorite photos from our trip.












How did your week go?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey R---it sounds like a very nice time (and a camera to boot!). Hope to see you clicking away and posting more soon (smile)!

Anonymous said...

Digital cameras can be a lot of fun. Happy anniversary, again!

ThriftyMommy said...

I'm glad you got to go out and have some fun. I don't much care for Outback's blooming onion b/c of the pepper. It's been a few years since I've had one though, so they may have changed the recipe. I do like the one from TGIF's. I'm glad you got a camera. Every blogger needs a digital camera and high speed. Hint, hint. lol

*Tanyetta* said...

happy anniversary! very cool present!!!. enjoy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

bless Bill and Rosie

re the resturant dont know these things if you dont try them

bless your hubby Im sure yuoll love using for digi

cool photo of both of you

Revka said...

Hey, Frank, we had a wonderful time. I've got a ton of pics to share - starting tomorrow. :)

Revka said...

Hi, MIn, thanks for the anniversary wishes again. I am already having a ton of fun with my camera. :)

Revka said...

Hi, Karen, the onion was rather spicy, but we both like spicy foods so that was fine with us. I am so excited to have the camera, and now Mr. Incredible is talking about high-speed Internet. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we got that! :)

Revka said...

Hey, Tanyetta, thanks for the anniversary greeting. Yes, I think my present is awesome. :)

Revka said...

Hi, Jen,

You are absolutely right to say "bless Bill and Rosie!" We wouldn't have been able to go out if they hadn't volunteered to keep the girls, and the girls had a blast.

We love trying new things, and sometimes they just aren't as good as we hoped. But that's okay; it's just fun to try something different, and now we know.

Glad you like the photo; we took it (using the self-timer) at our campsite at the state park where we camped out. Beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was just thinking today - I've got to hop over and see how Revka is doing. I knew the Lord must have laid you on my heart.

Then, I log on to my own site, and there you were! :)

Glad the trip was good - what a wonderful present. :)

Love you, Revka,

Revka said...

Hey, Holly,

Good to see you here again and thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know the Lord cares enough about me to bring me to people's minds. :) We had a wonderful time and have thoroughly enjoyed the camera.

Love you, too!