The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm Feelin' Loved

I won something better than the Berndes cookware over which I am currently drooling. (Hey, I'd even be happy getting some of that as an anniversary gift! *grin*)

Here's what has given me the feeling of being loved:

First, from my dear friend, Karen, whom I finally met in person on Thursday, by the way, comes this.
I asked Karen how she knew that I had been wanting one of these. I guess there is always that little piece of you that wants to be popular. In posting about this kind award (created by Roberta Ferguson of Blogging Made Devilishly Simple), I am accepting the following terms:

-Place the badge on your blog.
-Give credit to Roberta.
-Pick 5 rockin’ girls of your choice and add them to the list. (I'll get to that list in a moment.)

As if that weren't enough, I just learned today that Shawna gave me this award:


Someone thinks I'm nice?! *wink* Seriously, though, I am honored to be given this because I do try to be kind and considerate toward others. I don't care what that old saying says; I'd rather finish last while being nice than finish first while being a complete jerk.

Here are the conditions that accompany this badge:

"This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people, good blog friends, and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world!"

So here is my list of people to whom I would like to pass these badges of honor.

Rocking Girl/Guy Blogger:

  1. MInTheGap - His conservative values and thought-provoking posts (both at MInTheGap and at Weekend Kindness)are a real encouragement and are sometimes often the proverbial kick in the seat of my pants. (He gets the Awesome Guy Blogger award created at New Blogger.)
  2. Cheryl - She is so busy and is so creative at everything she does. She has just been certified as an interior redesigner and is having me design her new site, Just Heavenly Decor.
  3. Kate - Honest and forthright, Kate blogs passionately about new motherhood and is a great source for plain information about what happens after you have a baby!
  4. Rindy - Her posts range from deeply insightful to journal-style entries of everyday life, but every facet of her blog is enjoyable.
  5. Tracy - I love The Simple Life of the SuperMom (formerly Mom's Niche blog)! She offers such great information and seems to have the whole Mom-blogger thing by the tail.
Nice Matters Award:
  • Karen has become a dear friend and is a wonderful encouragement to me. Thanks!
  • Linda - We share a special friendship, even though with her living in Brazil we will probably never meet in person. It is so nice to be able to talk to someone who "gets" my sense of humor!
  • Holly has been special encouragement to me during a particularly difficult trial. I appreciate her taking the time to help me, even during the midst of moving and finding out about pregnancy complications.
  • Jenn also came alongside during my time of need even though she only knew me from my comments at her blog. She took the time to find my contact information and asked me if I needed a helping hand. That meant so much more than she will probably ever know.
  • Frank is a friendly face in this vast blogosphere and has been for quite some time. I enjoy his parenting insights and have enjoyed even more the exchange of ideas between us. Always courteous and thoughtful, he is training his daughter to be the same.
  • Sho, my sister, my friend. We share so many memories, and it wouldn't be the same if I couldn't talk to you nearly every day.
  • Lizzie is such a great example! She shows such courage in dealing with her circumstances. Her blog is truly inspirational.

15 comments:

A Dusty Frame said...

aww;) Thanks!

Linda said...

Thank you so much Revka! And what´s all that nonsense about us never meeting coz I live in Brazil?!? *lol* Of course we will! We have our whole life in head of us! Aren´t you saving for a trip to Brazil :) *love you lots, you are a great friend, no matter the distance*

Anonymous said...

Thanks Revka. I needed that.

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, you are quite welcome - you deserve it. :)

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are so welcome. I hope we do get to meet one day; that would be wonderful - just like you. :)

Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm glad this made you feel better. I'm sorry your day isn't going so well. Hope it gets better soon! :)

HeavenlyCabins said...

Revka,
You are just toooooo kind, talented and cool!! I am stunned and honored with your comments... I have not even been blogging lately with my new endeavor and I certainly cannot keep up with your carnivals, tagging, awards, etc that I have no clue about!! ;-) I plan to get up a new blog soon about Interior Redesign, Bargain Home Decor, Staging etc. Just not enough hours in the day.. Bless you Revka for all your help- can't wait to see your design for the new site. God bless!
Thanks so much, Cheryl
http://www.JustHeavenlyDecor.com
http://www.HeavenlyCabins.com

Anonymous said...

Hey R--that is very kind and thoughtful of you (hence the award?). You (and your blog) are someone I always go back to to read and touch base. I continue to welcome your point of view and feel you have always been a wonderful boloshere friend!

Thank you.

Shoshannah said...

Thanks, Reefk!
That was so nice of you:)
Really that was sweet of you. And yes, I enjoy talking to you about all my frustrations and irritations and sometimes good news.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I'm glad this stunned you. I like to surprise people (in a nice way, of course). :) I know how hard blogging can be when you are concentrating on setting up a new business. I hope to have your site all set before the end of next week.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Frank, you are quite welcome.

"You (and your blog) are someone I always go back to to read and touch base."

I'm glad you feel that way about both me and my blog. :) Yours is one of the few blogs that has not lost my interest at some point in time. I always enjoy seeing what new post you have up, and, as I said before, I count you as a true friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sho, you have always been nicer than I. :) You so totally deserve the badge. I'll talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks. What a nice surprise!

My home is turned upside-down now as we try to spruce it up so we can sell it, so I've barely been blogging. This was a super treat for me!! Thank you.

ThriftyMommy said...

I just found this. I've been busy! Thanks!!!!! I'll probably post it next week.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Revka. You're the one who is nice!