The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Announcements and Updates

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

I've been busy lately. Actually, I am always busy! Anyway, I have been meaning to tell you guys about a few things that have been going on with me.

First, for those kind people who may be interested, RS Designs is slowly growing and gaining more exposure. The recent giveaway contest and fundraiser for Parker helped as RS Designs participated in both events. In June (has it already been two months!?), I asked my friend, Linda, to join me at RS Designs. She is not an employee by any definition, so I don't need to purchase payroll software just yet. *smiling* We simply share the site and alternate incoming jobs unless the client specifically requests to work with one of us. I'm really glad to have her working with me, though. It seems "more friendly with two" - to quote a certain lovable Pooh Bear.

Second, I was thrilled when MInTheGap asked me to join the wonderful community of bloggers that he is carefully crafting for another of his blogs, Weekend Kindness. This invitation is a result of MIn's deciding the blog needed a sharper focus.

"...[O]ver the next few weeks you can expect a retooling over here at WK, with more emphasis on loving your spouse, challenges and suggestions of how to meet their needs and surprise them!

We’ll still give you something to try out this weekend, and we’ll still give you some suggestions on how to show your love to your family– and maybe to the general public– but we’ll definitely have a new focus, and more content as well as challenges that talk about families and family life."

I am honored to have been picked to contribute to this blog as an author. I will be posting several times a month. I may do the "over-achiever" bit and write a weekly post - we'll see. You can read my introductory post, a good place to find out how to pronounce my name if you don't already know. The more I read the archives, the more I love this blog, and reading through my fellow-contributor's introductions has whetted my appetite for the insights they are sure to offer.

I also wanted to tell you about two of Linda's blogs: at Making a Happy Life, Linda writes paid posts but also offers Work-At-Home tips for Moms and has compiled a very helpful list of WAH resources. Through her links, I have found freelance sites and forums that I may not have found on my own. Her newest blog, Mama's Coffee Corner, is a cozy blog that invites one in for a chat. I particularly like her idea to feature a different mom blogger each month in her "This Month's Mama" section on her sidebar. Becoming a featured Mama is quite simple; you simply need to link to the post with the instructions.

This has been another one of "those" days, although I must admit I brought this one upon myself: my friend loaned me some books on Thursday, and I became immersed in them today. I read six books of several hundred pages each, and it only took me about six hours. I was deaf and dumb to the real world, a fact which I regretted immensely once I emerged from my fantasy world! *sigh* My point (yes, there is a point here somewhere!) is that I think I wanted to share something else with you, but now I can't remember what it was. Oh, well. I reckon I'll just post it when I finally recall what "it" was.

Have a wonderful weekend, my dear friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey R--that is quite a lot on your plate (smile) and it all sounds so productive. Great to hear!

Have a great weekend also and will check out some of the items you mentioned in the post!

Revka said...

Hi, Frank! Yes, it is a lot on my plate, but I have let go of a couple of other activities and am in the process of letting go of Little Fun; Little Learning - a hard decision for me, but absolutely necessary and right. I hope that, having relinquished a few cherished obligations, these new obligations will not be too demanding.

I hope you find something you enjoy in the links I posted. :) Thanks for taking the time to look.

Linda said...

Yes I agree with Franks, you have a lot on your plate! :) Great to hear that you are busy!

Thanks for mentioning Mahl and MCC :) Your are the best!

Lots of love!

Revka said...

Hey, Linda, good to see you here. :)

Your welcome for the links. I've been meaning to do that for a LONG time now - procrastination!

Love you, girl. :)