The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

So Time Flies

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

It seems as though time, which had seemingly slowed to a crawl just a little while ago, has decided to make up for lost time (bad pun, I know). These past two weeks have kept me busy, and this next week looks to be no different.

Tuesday is our wedding anniversary. We are going out to eat that night - ALONE, thanks to our friend who offered to watch the girls for us. We're actually going on our trip a little after our anniversary, but we are both really excited, I can assure you!

I am getting ready to start homeschooling Pookie Bear. The target start date is the day after Labor Day. This year is going to be an eclectic mix of materials, but I plan to use Brightly Beaming Resources Letter of the Week as our main curriculum. Some of the extra materials I have accumulated include flashcards, worksheets, two "art" books (the kids get to create such things as paper plate animal masks, which I'm not sure really qualifies as art), and some workbooks and write-on mats that I found in the dollar section of Target. This is certainly going to be an interesting year!

What have you been doing lately?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I have been busy cleaning, sorting, hiding, and getting things ready to move. We had our first open house yesterday and are hoping to sell our house as a way to get motivated to find a new house.

Why? Because the neighborhood leaves us feeling insecure (I've mentioned that a few things we have had stolen from our house), there's a sex offender court moving in at the end of the block, and our house really isn't sized appropriately for our family and homeschooling.

Shawna said...

My husband and I got to go on a date this weekend -- dinner and a movie. My mom kept Scamp over night. We had a lot of fun!

Come on over to Scamp's Place and see the award I nominated you for!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are busy! We moved about a year and a half ago, and I'm not eager to go through that again! I pray the Lord provides you with the perfect place for y'all - like He did for us.

Anonymous said...

Hey, LoveMyStarr! That sounds like fun; I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time.

An award?! I'm over there - thanks in advance! *grin*

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS for Tuesday hope you have a lovely evening bless y0ur friend

all the best with your home schooling year

Revka said...

Thank you, Jen! Your words brought a smile to my face. I appreciate the well wishes for homeschooling. Can you tell I am just a wee bit nervous? :)

Anonymous said...

im sure you will just fine
I home schooled for 2.5 years
several years ago