The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Retirement dreams

Ever fantasize about owning a second home? I would love to own a home somewhere in the mountains. How lovely it would be to have a retreat from the summer heat! (I'm getting rather spoiled. Growing up in south Texas, I was accustomed to weeks of 100F+ temperatures. Now, I am dreadfully uncomfortable when the temperature hits the 90F range!)

I know other people, usually retirees, enjoy the warmer southern climates. If you are in this category, you might desire a vacation home Orlando-style. Florida is a popular destination for "snow birds" - as they are called there.

What do you want for your retirement?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Very interesting blog site!! Ive enjoyed browsing. My retirement? Sometimes I dream of travel with my hubby, but what would be really awesome is to one day really get to go esp. to a foreign country on an awesome missions trip. We talk about Nate using his nursing skills, and me perhaps my teaching somewhere in Africa. I just hope to be able to live to be a grandma, too.

Revka said...

Hey, Kendra! Nice to see you here. I love your retirement dreams; that would be wonderful! I hope you and Nathan do get to see those dreams fulfilled.

Mr. Incredible has two dreams: have a farm and raise a small herd of cattle - like his grandfather, and use his piloting skills to assist missionaries. It'll be interesting to see what God has in store for us.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I'm glad you find my blog interesting. :>) Drop by again anytime.