The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just about us

I'm actually caught up on my paid blogging? Wow! That hasn't happened in a while. It seems as though I am always scrambling to finish things before the deadline. Well, this means I get to post about anything I want. What freedom! (smile)

Mr. Incredible enjoyed his week off last week, but, thanks to July 4th, he doesn't have to work a full week this week, either. I'm so glad he still enjoys his job. After working nearly thirteen years in a job he hated, it is really nice that he doesn't dread going to work every day.

Pookie Bear, Miss Muffet, and Baby Bear are all doing well. Pookie Bear tries to help me, which is great. Sometimes, though, she's a little too helpful, and I have to remind her that she is not the Mommy; I am.

Miss Muffet is finally getting ready to be potty-trained. Before, she would request to go potty when we were out in public, and she would actually make herself go, but she was adamantly determined not to go at home. Oh, and she was not at all interested in wearing anything other than a diaper. Well, she has gone potty at home at least once a day for the past couple of weeks, and I bought some of Target's Care Bears pull-ups on clearance. She decided that she likes those, so now we are working on keeping the hearts - they disappear if she wets her pull-up.

Baby Bear has been growing up without my realizing it. She will be two in about 3 weeks, but she is such a petite little thing that she doesn't seem that old. She is letting us know that she is tired of being in the nursery at church. I guess she's ready for the "big kids" class now. *sigh* I'm almost ready for another baby.

I got baptized on Sunday night. It is so nice to know for sure that I am saved and going to heaven when I die. (Edited for clarification: I do not believe that baptism saves. It is just an outward sign to the world that you are being identified with Jesus.) Now I just pray that the girls will get saved before the Rapture takes place. Thinking of them going into the Tribulation scares me to death!

All in all, we are doing well. Thanks to all of you who stop by here. I'm glad to share a bit of our life with you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paid Blogging? Do tell! :)

Congrats on the baptism. Of course we both know that baptism doesn't save, but it's great to have that testimony!

Revka said...

Yes, I blog for payu2blog.com, blogsvertise.com, and am signed up with payperpost.com, reviewme.com, loudlaunch.com. Every little bit helps. :)

Thanks for the congrats. Yes, I believe baptism (after salvation) is important as a public identification with Christ. It felt weird to be baptized again, but the previous ones weren't worth anything since I wasn't actually associated with Christ at the time. :)

Shawna said...

Looks like you've got some great things to be thankful for! My daughter is only one so we haven't started potty training yet. We'll see how it goes with her. We did buy her a Pooh potty last week, but we haven't attempted to put her on it yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi R--potty training, eh? The diapers today are so absorbent that many kids don't mind staying in them even tho they're soaked!

Let us know how the training comes along.

Great to read your thoughts, R!

Revka said...

Hey, Shawna,
Yes, we do have a lot for which to be thankful. Miss Muffet is three, so you can see that I have been in no hurry to push the issue. I would like to have her trained soon, though!

Great to hear from you, Frank. :) You are always so encouraging; I really appreciate it. Yes, I do think absorbent diapers aren't helping matters any. I may end up trying with Miss Muffet the technique I used with Pookie Bear - put her in regular underwear. I just dread the accidents. *grimace*

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your baptism. -Michelle Smart not Cheap

Anonymous said...

Hi R--the accidents can be unfortunate---especially if it's on rugs or furniture, but I think they ned to go through that to understand what is expected--don't you?

It's work out fine, it just may take a little time (smile)!

Revka said...

Hi, Michelle, thanks for stopping by and for the kind congrats. I really appreciate it. :)

Yes, Frank, I'm afraid that is simply part of the process. I just dread it. Thanks again for the encouragement. :)