The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, America!

clip art courtesy of fotosearch.com

I should have posted this on the third, but I thought I'd have time to blog yesterday. Well, America, you're receiving the same greetings as all my relatives: happy belated birthday!

“America is great," Alexis de Toqueville wrote, "because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, then America will cease to be great.”

I fear that America is no longer good and will not be a great nation much longer unless we who are Christians (little Christs) fall on our knees in repentance of our sins and beg God's forgiveness and restoration of our nation. I pray that we would return to the Christian principles upon which this nation was founded.

God bless America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that God guarantees that any country other than Israel will survive-- that being said, I pray that God would send revival among us, that He would begin a work that would draw us to Himself, and that it would begin by those that wear His name.

Revka said...

I know that there appears to be no mention of the USA in end-time prophecy and can only assume that something catastrophic happens to us, but I do believe judgment could be postponed if God's people (including me) would repent and be revived.