The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Comment guidelines

I made the decision to turn off comment moderation, but I am leaving the word verification on to stop any potential spammers. I know it's annoying, but it appears to be successful.

Since I am turning off comment moderation, I thought I would put some comment guidelines in place.

  • Be aware that I do reserve the right to delete any comment for whatever reason.
  • This is a family-friendly blog; please write your comments accordingly.
  • Please only post comments that are courteous in tone both to me and to other commenters. It's fine to disagree, but I do want any dissenting comments to be couched in kind and courteous phrases. Comments that I deem to be attacks against me or another commenter will be deleted.
I don't want to get too picky, so we'll start with those three guidelines and see how it goes. I have faith in you, my dear readers (*smile*), and do not believe I will ever need to add any other stipulations. I appreciate everyone who takes the time to leave a comment and enjoy the friendships I have developed with several of my regular commenters. Thanks for that unique essence that you bring to this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those guidelines are entirely appropriate. I will not abuse the power you have trusted me with Revka. I promise!

Revka said...

Thanks, Kate. *smiling* It's good to see you here, and I hope you do comment often. I know I can trust you.

Anonymous said...

Hi R--I turned off word verification and haven't moderated comments for a while because Blogger is so buggy. It's working out fine.

Those are good guidelines (smile)!

*Tanyetta* said...

PERFECT guidelines. I cannot imagine anyone coming to your blog acting up. I'm sorry if that has happened to you. YOU Have a great blog and it's full of great information. I promise to behave myself :)