The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Frugal Tips and Tricks

It has been quite a while since I posted on this topic. I was browsing through a cook book one of my former piano students, a sweet lady who was 73 years old, gave me. In the back of the book, there is a section devoted to "Little Known Household Hints." In it, I found the following tips:

  • Tired of dripping candles? "Candles chilled for 24 hours in the refrigerator will burn longer and not drip."
  • The glass on my oven door is covered with grease, so I was glad to find that "Baking soda on a damp cloth will remove grime and grease from glass on oven door."
  • I had heard of using peanut butter to help remove gum from hair, but this tip sounds a bit less messy: "To remove gum from hair, rub a plain chocolate bar in hair then wash."
I hope that these tips are a help to you; I'll share more with you another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to give the baking soda on the stove front a try. I battle that problem continuously!

Revka said...

Gayle,
I used this tip after I wrote this post, and it worked like a charm with NO SCRUBBING! I love it!!! :>)