The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Good news/bad news

This morning I took our van to the shop for some maintenance and repairs. It needed to have the oil changed, a tire patched, all tires rotated, and a front end alignment. I had all 3 girls with me, of course, and I was so proud of them. They were very good during the hour and a half we were there. They had fun but were obedient, too. In the end, I was told that I did not need the alignment; an air pressure adjustment took care of that problem. Also, they could not find the leak in my tire. I will just have to wait for it to get worse before they can do anything about it. That was good news in the sense that I did not have to pay for that, either. I was only charged for the oil change; that particular shop will rotate tires for free when you have an oil change. I had a coupon for the oil change, and I only paid $15.01 for that visit. Yea!!! That was great news.

The bad news? The front brakes are GONE; in fact, the rotors are so badly damaged that they need to be replaced as well. The back brakes only need cleaning and adjusting. After speaking with my husband, I am calling shops to compare prices and hope to be able to make an appointment for Thursday or Friday. Oh, well. It could have been worse! ;)

0 comments: