The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Accepted of Him


If you are like me, you have found yourself terribly let down when people do not recognize or appreciate what you do, especially if you have put extra effort into it. In Sunday School yesterday, the teacher used a verse that really caught my attention.

II Corinthians 5:9 "Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be ACCEPTED OF HIM." (emphasis mine)

Wow! That is wonderful, exciting, and comforting! It does not matter what people think. I am not working for people's acceptance and approval; I am working for Christ's acceptance and approval. While it is nice when people recognize what I have done, my ultimate goal is to please my Lord and Saviour. If people misunderstand or misjudge me, my works, and my intentions, I have the incredible comfort that God knows my heart and motives. If I have done my best and have done it for Him, I will find the acceptance I desire.

0 comments: