The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Everything is set and I'm ready to roll.

I've finally transferred all the posts I wanted to keep from the 360 blog. I know most of them are serious and heavy. Sorry about that; I promise I am not always boring.

While I have been preoccupied with setting up this blog, we have gotten quite a bit more done on the storage building. (For those who don't know, we are putting together a DIY 16x16 storage building package.) This past Saturday, my husband's grandmother, mother, father, and brother all came down to help work on it some more. His grandmother lives the closest to us, and she still lives about 1 1/2 hours away. One of our neighbors has also come over to help us every time, and his services have been invaluable. This is the 3rd time they have given their Saturday to come help us. Family and neighbors can be so nice! The roof trusses were erected and sheathed, and the "barn" is looking better all the time. We cannot wait to get it done! Maybe it will be completed by November.

Pookie Bear's hair has turned curly and was looking messy all the time, even if I had just brushed it. She had asked me to cut it like Miss Muffet's hair (impossible! Miss Muffet's hair is several inches longer than Pookie Bear's and isn't actually cut in any style). I cut it to shoulder length and added layers. She was thrilled with it, and I am, too. It looks adorable even if I haven't brushed it - a BIG plus for me. Her birthday is coming up soon; it's so hard to believe my firstborn will be four in a couple of weeks. She wants a princess party (AGAIN) and is excited about inviting her little friends. I gotta get with it and make the invitations, plan the games, etc. I'm fast running out of time!

Mr. Incredible still loves his job. We have some decisions to make about new benefit options for the coming year. It's nice to HAVE benefits, let alone so many choices!

2 comments:

Shoshannah said...

Your new blog looks great! I might try playing around with my format some.

Revka said...

Thanks! I'm definitely happy with it. It looks peaceful to me, and I crave peacefulness :) Mine is the Blogger beta format and I have found it to be a cinch to work with.