The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Update and a Question for the Guys

Wow! Time has slipped by in a hurry this week! Since I didn't have any assignments pending and had two big design projects to complete, this blog kind of fell by the wayside.

Big things have happened over at RS Designs this week. After designing for everyone else, I finally created a custom design for my own site. I think it is beautiful with a sense of understated sophistication, rather like a well-bred lady. (How's that for a descriptive simile? *smile*)

Not only have I redesigned the site, but I have also streamlined the pages so that navigation is much more user-friendly, and I have added three design packages in addition to the A la Carte menu previously featured. (Here's a tip: if you think you may ever want a custom design, subscribe to the newsletter - the form is in the sidebar - because I offer big subscriber-only discounts from time to time, and subscribers will be the first to know of upcoming contests or new products. I just sent out a great package discount offer to my subscribers today.)

There is one more piece of news that I would absolutely love to share with you, and as soon as I can, I will. Trust me when I say this is big news for RS Designs!

As you know, I am now creating pre-made templates to sell. I plan to offer designs for men as well as for women. I've thought of creating a golf themed template featuring Nike golf clubs, a NASCAR themed template, a business-like template with a thin striped background, a patriotic design, and a few other masculine-seeming designs.

Here's my question for you gentlemen (though you ladies are welcome to offer your input as well). What would appeal to you guys? Do any of those ideas sound good? What would you like to see in a blog design?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--you've been doing some nice work, eh (smile)? So great to see it!

Off the top of my head, I'd like to see books, interesting landmarks, tennis, the old west, some interesting colors, furniture, architecture,nauticals, aeronautics,
ping pong (just kidding), food, well, I could go on (laugh)!

Hey, I did say it was off the top of my head.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Frank, for both the nice words and the ideas. I think they're great! :)