The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Tag: Magical Flying Carpet Ride

Awhile back, Frank slapped me with this fun tag. *smile* Here's my story (it's more than a paragraph):

I was groggily stumbling down the dark hall when I stumbled over something. What could it be? There was nothing on the floor when I went to bed; I had made sure to pick up the house before retiring for the night. I felt around and picked up something metallic. As my fingers wrapped around it, two lights, one pink and one blue, appeared. In the lights were two semi-transparent ... people? What on earth?!

"We are the Genie King and the Genie Princess. We are here to grant you one wish. However, there are a two stipulations you must take into account when making your wish:

  1. we cannot take away anyone's free will.
  2. there are some wishes that even a genie cannot grant."
Utterly perplexed, I stammered out the first thought that popped into my head, "I wish that everyone on Earth would accept Christ as Savior!"

"I'm sorry, but that would take away their free will. We cannot grant that request. Make another wish, please," the Genie Princess replied.

"Um, I wish I were a highly disciplined individual."

"I'm sorry, but discipline only comes with self-denial; there are no short cuts. You aren't very good at this, are you? Try again," the Genie King's voice was kind and rather amused.

"Well, I reckon money is a safe wish. I wish that my family had enough money to be comfortable but not so much that we are corrupted by the love of money."

"Your wish is granted."

Both the genies and the lamp disappeared, leaving me to wonder if the whole thing had been a dream. I stumbled back to bed, my reason for getting up completely forgotten. I would figure it all out in the morning.

Rules:
1. Write a short paragraph about your visit by the two Genies and include a link to the blog that passed on the Genie Symbol to you.
2. COPY the Rules and ENTIRE List below and post it on your blog.
3. List down your wish.
4. Place your name below the last name on the list and pass on the Genie Symbol to at least 5 other bloggers.
5. Please put up either one (or both) of the Symbols of the Genies on your blog to show that the Genies have visited your blog:

Genie PrincessGenie King

Genie Princess Genie King

The Genie King and the Genie Princess have visited:

Mariuca would like to wish for happiness and success.
Adrian would like to wish for good health and happiness.
Emila would like to wish for happiness and success.
Trinity would like to wish good health for Jan’s brother and Yah and Wan and success
MPG would like to wish for love and peace
Jean would like to wish for stress free work environment and happiness
Cbenc12 would like to wish for health, happiness and luck for my family and friends and me too!
Paris Beaverbanks would like to wish for more publicity! Hooyah! (taps swollen head)
Giddy Tiger would like to wish for longer weekends and never-ending holidays!
Shooi would like to wish for peace on earth, love, good health and happiness.
Chinnee would like to wish for happiness and good health forever!
Hui Sia would like to wish for love, health, wealth and happiness.
Chew Lee would like to wish hubby for a successful business venture in Singapore.
Anggie would like to wish for dream and wish come true.
Revka wishes for enough money to be comfortable but not so much as to be corrupted by the love of money.

Welcome aboard the Magical Flying Carpet for the Ride of your Life!

Alakazam!

I will tag Linda, Tanyetta, MaryAnne, Robin, and Jen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi R--what a great post to this tag. And the genie's answers were thoughtful. Thank you for participating in such an interesting way (wink!

Revka said...

I'm glad you liked this post, Frank. :) I love writing short stories like this. Thanks for tagging me.