The Porch Light copyright by Revka (2006-2010). All rights reserved.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend Fun

Not only did we go to the beach on Friday, but we also had company come to visit - Mr. Incredible's parents. They, too, went to the beach on Friday, mainly so Dad could do some fishing. They actually crossed paths with us as we were leaving the beach.

We had a great visit with Mr. Incredible's parents. Mom and Dad spent Friday night and most of Saturday with us. They got to our home Friday evening just as I finished putting supper on the table - perfect timing. The girls were so excited that Grandma and Grandpa were there. It seemed the noise level immediately tripled as they all began clamoring for their grandparents' attention.

I was pretty happy with the house. I had gotten all the rooms picked up with the exception of the mountains of laundry that needed to put away. I just piled the clean laundry in a corner - no way I could get it all done before Mom and Dad arrived. Oh, well. At least the bathroom was clean. Even the shower faucets had been scrubbed. It felt good to have the house in better order than normal. If I can keep it like that (or better), I will be happy.

Mr. Incredible's mother loves to go to garage sales, and a nearby town was having a community yard sale on Saturday. We all loaded up and went there, but rain had started falling by the time we arrived, and the yard sale was no where to be found. Mr. Incredible took us by an old mill nearby. The scenery was absolutely beautiful, and I had my camera with me. Take a look.

Grandpa and girls (wish we had Grandma in there)


beautiful home overlooking the pond


fall scenery


old mill house


So what did you do this weekend?

12 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We didn´t do much. I´ve been ill once again, a slight cold with terrible backache. But it´s getting better now I think. We did our monthly shopping so now I just have to make a menu for the month. I wouldn´t mind going fishing actually and I don´t even like fishing but it would be nice to sit by the lake. Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

pleased you had a great weekend
with the grandparents

what a beautiful place you went to

I learnt how to use a power saw in the weekend
come read my blog
http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/2007/10/07/week-in-review-4/

Anonymous said...

Hi R--what a nice weekend it sounds like you all had (smile)! And look at you with the camera---shooting away---nice work, R.

Revka said...

Hey, Linda,
It was great. :) I'm sorry you are sick again. You have had the worst problems staying healthy lately. I hope that changes soon.

You have a great week, too. I hope you get to go to the beach after all.

Revka said...

Hey, Jen,
The mill was even more lovely than the pictures, though I think they turned out quite nicely.

It sounds like you had quite a busy/adventuresome weekend yourself. :)

Revka said...

Hey, Frank,
I'm glad you liked the pictures. We did have a wonderful time. This was only about 1/2 the day, but I figured it was a good stopping point. :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to bless you
as you have me
by visiting my blog

theres something on there for you

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks, Jen! That is so sweet of you. :)

Shawna said...

What fun! My parents and my husband's parents both live so close to us. We see them every weekend and then some. I went to a relative's house warming party Saturday. Then, Sunday we visited both sets of in-laws.

ThriftyMommy said...

Beautiful pictures, Revka! I know you're glad you have that new camera. :)

We had a yard sale. Ugh! But you already know about that. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shawna! Sorry I'm responding so long after you left your comment. Forgive me?

It sounds like your family has a great relationship with both sets of grandparents. I'm glad - I think grandparents are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Karen,
Yes, I am still loving my camera. It's nice to be able to instantly see what you take so you can redo it if necessary.

Ugh is right about the garage sale!